example of an office network from nexus data systems
LEADERS IN AFFORDABLE IT SOLUTIONS
The following details a typical office network where computers are connected to the internet via a server. A server is a specialized computer that manages shared resources. It controls access to other devices such as printers, fax machines, and other computers. It also manages access to e-mail, files and data such as customer information and financial files. In addition, the server allows data to be backed up and saved, decreasing the risk of data loss.
A properly designed and maintained system like this will allow you to:
• Keep your business up and running with a reliable and protected operating environment.
• Use resources more productively, compete more successfully, and keep costs down.
• Stay connected with your customers, improve your responsiveness.
• Communicate more professionally.
• Access your business information when on the road or away from the office.
• Stay connected with your customers from virtually anywhere and any time.
• Protect your key information with firewall protection to guard against spam and hackers.
• Prevent data loss by automatically backing up company information.
• Enable employees to retrieve deleted files and restore earlier versions of files.
• Store, find and share information in one centralized location.
• Streamline communications by providing one-to-many fax and e-mail capabilities.